Overall Hair Inspiration: “Diane is beauty trendsetter, so we wanted to create something very unique. We were inspired by her amazing lace Valentino gown as well as the fall 2013 Valentino Couture runway show.” –Kylee Heath
• This style is very edgy and modern, so to set the foundation, I began by drawing a dead-straight part down the center of Diane’s damp hair. Then, I applied Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse and Moroccanoil Root Boost from root to mid-shaft and Moroccanoil Treatment Light to her ends. These all worked together to add body, hold and shine to the hair.
• Next, I blew the hair out using Moroccanoil’s 35mm Boar Bristle Round Brush, paying close attention to keeping the roots very smooth. Once the hair was fully dry, I sectioned off the bangs as well as a 1/2” strip from each ear, downwards, all the way to the nape of the neck. I secured this section with an elastic at the center back nape and wove it into a single braid.
• Keeping the bangs sectioned off, I misted the main section of the hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray and brushed it smooth in a backward direction.
• Beginning at the center of the head working outward, I wove the remaining hair into 15 small braids—not making them all the same size. Once all the hair was in braids, I wrapped two fine braids from left-to-right and then right-to-left to create a finely braided headband.
• Leaving out one braid in the center, one-by-one I looped the remaining braids under and tucked them into the base of the braided section—pinning along the way. This created the illusion of a large "chignon".
• The last braid was wrapped horizontally across the top of the chignon to finish it off.
• To finish the style, I left the bangs soft and swept them backwards toward the braids and secured.
• Mist the hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to add shine and long-lasting hold.